An outline of how to look after an EcoLet™ is given below. This is to give you an idea of what is involved and to assist you in making a decision on the ideal waterless composting toilet solution for your needs.
Daily or Weekly
- Add 1 cup of bulking agent (we suggest hemp) to the toilet after every solid use.
- Clean toilet fixture using only biodegradable cleaners.
- Check the liquid level in the tube on the right-hand side of the system- if the liquid is evident in the tube turn the thermostat up one or two notches.
- Give the compost pile a rake around with the manual mixing rake.
Emptying of Tray
- When the compost pile reaches the same level as the top mixing arm the tray needs emptying. How often depends on frequency of use.
- Disconnect the fluid indicator tube and pull the tray out of the toilet.
- Once the tray has been emptied and waste disposed of (according to your local authority) replace the tray and reconnect fluid indicator tube.
All our composting toilet solutions come with a detailed maintenance and service guide and troubleshooting FAQ. In addition, we offer quality backup and support for the life of the systems and, with distributors around the country, prompt after-sales service and advice is assured. If you have any queries on the use or maintenance of your EcoLet™ please contact us.